The Tinnitus support group will help you to understand your emotional reactions to tinnitus (which may be stress and anxiety) and will help you to retrain your responses to it, and give you advice on ways to manage your tinnitus. As well as providing advice and information about tinnitus, we are here to listen. Talking to someone about any anxieties you may have about tinnitus and any distress it may cause, can be therapeutic in itself. We offer a range of support and advice services.
· Information and advice about Tinnitus
· Access to lay counselling and one-to-one support
· Personalised letter in response to each new enquiry
· Access to Group Workshops
· Self-help fact sheets including managing stress and relaxation techniques
We hold monthly meetings, bi-monthly with a speaker and bi-monthly coffee and chats, which give new members an opportunity to share any concerns or ask questions. The focus is on self help and furthering understanding about the causes of tinnitus, how this can be managed and recent research.
If you wish to become a member you will receive:
- Ongoing support
- Regular meetings
- Regular newsletters
- Continued access to lay counselling and Group Workshops
- Signposting to the appropriate pathway through the hospital system
To find out more about our group, please watch this short video
Membership Form Download